Saturday 25 June 2011

Estée Lauder idealist even skin tone illuminator

Hey dolls! So I’m sure you’ve all seen the new Estée Lauder ad on TV and pasted through all the glossies, it’s a major new ad campaign starring models Joan Smalls, Carolyn Murphy, and Liu Wen. If you happen to have been in hibernation for the past month, or happen to have enough willpower to ignore the incising commercials and luxurious double page spreads, I’ll give a bit of background on the product;

(From Estée Lauder online)
The first fast-acting Serum from Estée Lauder Research proven to significantly reduce the look of uneven skintone:

- Blotchiness
- Blemish marks
- Dark spots
- Discolourations

Instantly, skin looks fresh and radiant. Skin looks noticeably clearer, brighter and more even-toned. Dark spots appear reduced. Proven gentle and effective for all ethnicities. ‘Imagine skin so incredibly clear, even-toned and radiant, you have nothing to hide.’

(The ‘sciencey’ bit)
This intensive, yet gentle oil-free serum features powerful technologies to address the look of every key sign of uneven skintone:

- Triple-Optic Technology provides skin with a brighter, more luminous look from the very first application.
- CorrectTone Technology reduces the appearance of uneven skintone, while anti-oxidants help prevent its re-appearance.

(and now the stats..)
79% of women saw an immediate improvement in the look of uneven skintone.
(Oh and its oil-free, dermatologist-tested, ophthalmologist-tested, non-acnegenic)
The gorgeous packaging which is pretty much standard for EL skincare

But I was just wondering if anyone’s tried it? I’ve read tonnes of reviews online and they all seem very positive and optimistic as are most EL reviews. I always browse the EL counters but never can bring myself to spend that amount of money on skincare or makeup products... Still I guess if it works it’s worth it right?
I am a self confessed skincare junkie. I’m drawn in by the promises, buy the products and after months of dedicated use, decide it’s not actually going to have the desired effect and I stop using it.
This product (if it does what it’s supposed to) could be a real life saver as the problem with my skin is not spots, but the marks they have left behind and being as pale as I am, they are quite obvious and the only thing keeping me from baring everyday life makeup free! However, that hefty price tag is still scaring me off - I can’t see past £46 for 30ml!
I don’t know if I can bring myself to pay that much for something I haven’t already tried and tested...

Your thoughts my lovelies? x


No comments:

Post a Comment